125g brown sugar
125g casing sugar
280g plain flour
1tsp bicarbonate soda
1tsp vanilla extract
bar of plain chocolate or chocolate chips.
(Anything else yummy you want in your cookies)
1. Preheat your oven to gas mark 4 (180C/350F), make sure your eggs and butter are at room temperature.
2. Cut out two circles of baking paper and place inside two cake tins.
3. Cream together your butter and sugars until nice and smooth.
4. Cut up your chocolate into nice sizes for cookies.
5. Add your eggs and vanilla extract to the butter and sugar mixture and whisk until well blended.
6. Sift in your flour and bicorbonate of soda.
7. Mix until well blended.
8. Add your chocolate and mix until evenly dispersed
9. Place in your cake tins and spread out to cover the whole tin, place in the oven for 20-30 minutes depending on how gooey you want it. You may notice that it rises and when skewered feels like it is full of air, this is fine as it will sink when removed from the oven.
10. Remove when golden brown and leave to cool for 10 minutes, the take out of the tins.
11. I decided to make my own icing this is done my mixing together icing sugar and water until a thick paste then adding the food colouring you want. The james icing turned out pretty well but the Anya was a little runny but oh well it was my first attempt at writting with icing. Hope you enjoy the recipe and give it a go. If you like it let me know and share your images :)