280g plain flour
115g casting sugar
1tbsp baking powder
6tbsp vegetable oil
pinch of salt
1tsp vanilla extract
Takes 20 minutes to bake
1. Preheat your oven to gas mark 6 (200C/400F), place cupcake cases in a muffin tin.Make sure your eggs are at room temperature.
2. Sift together your flour, baking powder and salt and mix together.
3. Add your casting sugar and mix together.
3. Beat together your eggs, oil, milk and vanilla extract.
4. Add to your mixture and mix lightly until blended, do not over mix.
5. Fill each cupcake case half full and add a small amount of jam to the centre of each.
6. Then fill the rest of the cupcake case until full. Bake in the middle of the oven for 20 minutes until brown and when a skewer is inserted it comes out clean.
7. They should look like this. Don't leave to cool.
8. Melt your butter.
9. Dip the top of each cupcake in the butter until covered.
10. Then dip in the sugar until fully covered.
11. Until they look like this. These are really yummy and worth giving a go. Perfect for kids and perfect for that sweet tooth. Try them, share them, comment on them. All feedback is welcome and if you have any questions or suggestions please contact me :) enjoy!!