What do you do when you have a load of bananas sitting in your fruit bowl slowly going off? Of course you make banana cupcakes!! I love banana, when I was younger my mum use to make us banana covered in honey baked in the oven. It was amazing so I decided to make a cupcake using the same flavors. Of course they also had to be pretty, so I made some icing fondant flowers.
260g plain flour
190g casting sugar
70ml vegetable oil
1tsp baking powder
1tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat your oven to gas mark 4 (180C/350F) make sure your egg is at room temperature and that your bananas are ripe.
2. Mix your plain flour, baking powder and sugar in a bowl
3. Place your bananas in a bowl and get mashing, if you're having a bad day this is such a good release!
4. As you can see from my mashing, I was having a bad day hahah!
5. Place your oil, egg and vanilla extract in with your banana and give it a whisk.
6. Make sure there are no big lumps and well mixed.
7. Add your dry ingredients and mix it all together.
8. Make sure it well mixed.
9. Place in your cupcake cases, fill to the top as this gives them a good rise and makes it easier to ice them. Place in the oven for 20-25 minutes until a skewer comes out clean.
1 1/4 cup icing sugar
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1 1/2 tbsp runny honey
half a tsp cinnamon
1. Mix together your icing sugar and butter until smooth.
2. Add your honey and cinnamon and give it a good whisk until smooth and light, if to thick add some milk. Either spread over your cakes or pipe it on with your preferred nozzle. Decorate as desired.
There you have some yummy banana cupcakes with a honey frosting and a yellow flower for decoration. So pretty and a perfect end to the summer. Now it's time to move onto some autumn recipes, bring on the pumpkins! Give the recipe a go and let me know what you think.