Yesterday was Tesco food delivery day and as my cupboards were low on all my baking products I decided to stock up. The only problem was that they decided to give me caramel essence instead of vanilla essence. But oh well I can work with caramel essence. I wanted to make some cookies, trying different flavors and adding different things. So I came up with these caramel cookies and oh my days were they amazing!
125g unsalted butter
125g brown sugar
100g casting sugar
3tsp caramel essence
225g self raising flour
25g cocoa powder
Makes 10-12 cookies
Takes 15 minutes to bake
1.Preheat your oven to gas mark 4 (180C/350F. Make sure your eggs and butter are at room temperature.
2. Mix together your butter and two sugars until smooth.
3. It should look like this.
4. Add your egg and caramel essence to the mixture and mix well.
5. It should be smooth like this.
6. Sieve in your self raising flour, salt, cocoa and mix through.
7. Add your chocolate chunks and mix in, it should be a thick consistency but not sticky enough that you can't role it.
8. Role into a ball and place on a baking tray with baking paper so they don't stick. Flatten the balls a little and place some chocolate chunks on top. Remember to place far apart so that they don't stick together.
9. Bake in the middle of your oven for 10-15 minutes then remove, if they still look undercooked when the time is up still remove them as they harden when cooled.
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup unsalted butter
1tbsp plain flour
1tsp caramel extract
1. Place in a saucepan on a low heat and keep whisking until blended. Then remove from heat and keep whisking.
2. It should look like this.
3. As it cools it will thicken, keep stirring it occasionally.
4. Drizzle over your cooled cookies and there you have it, some yummy caramel & chocolate cookies with a caramel drizzle. They will be gone in minutes and don't worry if you don't have caramel extract just replace it for vanilla extract. Enjoy and let me know what you think.