15 October 2013

BLUEBERRY & LEMON CUPCAKES


I love lemon cupcakes and I love blueberries, the only problem I find is that at this time of year blueberries are so expensive! However while doing my online Tesco shop I found frozen blueberries, which were half the price! So of course I had to buy them, and what better way to eat them that in a cupcake. 

The past week has been so crazy, I've finally started working towards setting up my own business, collecting all the forms and sorting out a business plan. It's really scary thinking that in a few years time I could have my own business, providing all of Swansea with yummy bakes! I also updated my blog, it needed a new background and header and after hours of trying I finally got the hand of Photoshop!

MAKES 12
TAKES 25 MINUTES


CUPCAKES


 INGREDIENTS
6tbsp vegetable oil
280g plain flour
1tbsp baking powder
115g casting sugar
Zest of 2 lemons
2 eggs
150g blueberries
250ml milk




METHOD
1. Preheat your oven to gas mark 6 (200C/400F). Make sure your eggs are at room temperature.

 2. Sift your flour, baking powder and sugar together.
 3. Mix in your blueberries, I would recommend using frozen blueberries as this means that they wont go mussy when you mix them into the mixture.
 4. Whisk together your eggs, oil, milk and lemon zest.
 5. Add half your egg mixture to the flour mixture and slowly fold in, then add the remainder of the egg mixture and make sure it is all mixed in.
 6. Add 12 paper cases to a muffin tin and pour in your mixture to just below the top. Place in the middle of the oven for 25 minutes until golden brown and cooked through.
 7. Once cooked, remove and place in the fridge to cool.
BUTTER ICING

INGREDIENTS
115g unsalted butter
260g icing sugar 
115g cream cheese
Zest of one lemon
Blueberries for decoration
 1. Mix together your icing sugar, butter and cream cheese until smooth.
 2. Add in your lemon zest and mix through, then decorate your cakes using a piping nozzle or just spread it onto of your cupcakes. Decorate by placing blueberries on top. 

I hope you like my recipe, give it a go and let me know what you think. Enjoy :)


No comments:

Post a Comment