1 October 2013

BROWNIE CUPCAKES WITH WHITE CHOCOLATE ICING


 So the past week I've been back in University and I am exhausted, as it is my final year I have so much work to do and I have had no time to myself. I've missed being able to bake when I wanted so as my timetable for the year allows me to have Tuesdays off I have officially made this my baking day. I'm going to miss giving you guys three recipes a week but hopefully it won't affect my blog to much. 

So today I decided to treat myself and make some brownie cupcakes with a white chocolate butter cream. I think the thing I love the most about them is that they are so sickly you only need one a go, this means I don't have a massive pig out.

Makes 12
Takes 20-25 minutes



INGREDIENTS
100g plain flour
175g casting sugar
1tbsp baking powder
225g unsalted butter
4 eggs
120g plain chocolate
1tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp salt
 METHOD
1. Preheat your oven to gas mark 6 (200C/400F), make sure your eggs are at room temperature.
Line your muffin tray with cupcake cases
 2. Sift together your plain flour, casting sugar, baking powder and salt into a bowl.


 3. Melt your chocolate and butter together in a small saucepan on a low heat, keep stirring until fully melted.
4. Like this, it should be glossy and runny.

 5. Add to your flour mixture and stir in, then add your eggs and vanilla extract and mix together, it will look really runny but this is fine. Place in your cupcake cases and fill to the top, place in the middle of the oven for 20-25 minutes until risen and cooked through. DO NOT OPEN THE DOOR BEFORE 20 MINUTES your cupcakes will sink.
 6. Remove and leave to cool.


 ICING

  
 

INGREDIENTS
200g unsalted butter
260g icing sugar
100g white chocolate



 1. Melt your white chocolate in a bowl over boiling water on a low heat, keep stirring until fully melted and leave in the fridge to cool.
 2. Place your icing sugar and butter in a bowl and whisk together.
 3. Add your white chocolate and keep whisking until it is nice and thick and creamy.
4. Like this, then decorate, I put mine in a piping bag and added grated chocolate to finish but it is up to you how you decorate them. I hope you enjoy my recipe, let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment