8 January 2014

LUXURY GIANT CHOCOLATE OAT COOKIES

 So it's back to business, after a busy month of Christmas, New year and my birthday I haven't stopped and I couldn't wait to get back to baking. So my New years resolution was to be healthy, this is going to be hard as I bake almost three times a week and where do all these yummy bakes go, but in my belly. I thought I would start of this year with a bang so decided to create some luxury giant chocolate oat cookies, oats are good for you right? Chocolate contains milk....

 INGREDIENTS
55g stork/unsalted butter
2 egg YOLKS
1tsp vanilla essence
100g brown sugar
1tbsp milk
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
120g plain flour
110g rolled oats
150g chocolate spread
50g chocolate chunks




METHOD

1. Preheat your oven to Gas mark 4 (180C/350F) Make sure your eggs and butter are at room temperature.

 2. Mix together your butter and brown sugar until lovely and smooth.

  3. Add your egg yolks, and vanilla essence, mix through.

 4. Add your milk and chocolate spread, mix through.

 5. Add your flour, oats and bicarbonate of soda, mix to form a dough.

 6. This mixture make eight large cookies, so make large balls bigger about the size of a golf ball. Make sure they are far apart as they will spread.

 7. Flatten them a little and place the chocolate chunks on top. Pop in the middle of your oven for 15 minutes until browning on the sides, they will still look uncooked but that is just the oats, remove and they will harden.

8. Allow to cool and then serve, 

These are super yummy and easy to make. I hope you enjoy my recipe, I'm always here to help and will always get back to you if you need any help.

Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment