28 January 2014

Rose meringue kisses

With Valentines day just around the corner I thought it was about time that I started making some of my Valentines recipes, giving you guys enough time to gather all your ingredients and bake your special someone some yummy treats.
Unfortunately this year I will be on my own for Valentines day, but I will be spending a lovely evening alone with my two favourite men, Ben & Jerry.


  I think that Valentines day isn't just about buying extravagant gifts but showing the person you love how much they mean to you and making something is such a good idea as it takes more time and effort than running to the shops. The rose meringue kisses are perfect for this, they look romantic and taste divine! A real sweet treat.  


MAKES 12





 INGREDIENTS
4 egg whites
225g casting sugar
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
red food colouring
Buttericing
chocolate

METHOD
1. Make sure your eggs are at room temperature. Preheat your oven to gas mark 3 (160C/325F)

 2. Separate your eggs





3. Add your cream of tartar to the egg whites and whisk until thick and forming soft peaks. 



 4. Add your casting sugar slowly and keep whisking it should go gloss. You will know when it is done as you will be able to hold it upside down without anything falling out.
 5. Now you can either add your own food colour to the meringue mixture or using a paint brush draw four strips using food colouring inside your icing bag, this gives a red and white meringue.
 6. Pipe using a 2D nozzle to create roses. Place in the oven for about an hour until hard on the outside and gooey on the inside. 
 7. Allow to cool and remove from the baking paper gently.

 8. Now fill with butter icing and melted chocolate. Here is my basic one >http://themessykitchenuk.blogspot.co.uk/2013/11/rich-chocolate-cake.html


 And there you have it, simple rose meringue kisses. I hope you have a lovely valentines day. If you have any questions I am always here to help.



No comments:

Post a Comment