4 February 2014

Cookie stuffed Cupcakes

So yesterday I started back to University after two weeks off. Getting up at 7 in the morning almost killed me, but it made me realise that soon I will no longer be at University and that it is time to get my act together. I have less than four month until I'm finished and I need to decide what I'm going to do. As much as I would love to come out of University, open a shop and be sorted for the rest of my life this isn't realistic as to open a shop you need money, and I don't have any of that. So I decided to start job hunting.


 
While searching for a job I got distracted and ended up online spending the money that I don't have on baking equipment. After an hour of shopping I decided it was time to focus, that was until I got hungry and started thinking of cake and cookies. I love cookies and I love cupcakes, so I thought how could I incorporate these two sweet treats into one. After writing down a number of different ideas and recipes I came up with this one and knew it was going to taste amazing.


 The cupcake is stuffed with chocolate chip cookie dough, so you are basically eating a cookie cake, then you have the sweet frosting and milk chocolate chips with a homemade cookie, in a heart, to celebrate Valentines day.

If I said that this wasn't my best cupcake recipe I would be lying, because this baby was incredible! By the time they were ready I didn't want to eat them just because they were so pretty, but that first bite was well worth the effort to make them.

So after 6 hours of baking, taking photos and blogging it's back to the job search. I've also bought a lottery ticket... just in case.





MAKES 12



Mini cookies
Ingredients

260g plain flour
pinch of Salt
1tsp baking soda
110g butter
85g brown sugar
75g casting sugar
1 egg
1tsp Vanilla essence
Chocolate chips




1. Preheat your oven to gas mark 4 (180C/350F) Make sure your butter and egg are at room temperature.

 2. Sift together your flour, baking soda and salt.

 3. In a separate bowl cream together your butter and sugars, then add your egg and vanilla essence.

 
 4. Add the flour slowly to the wet mix until it forms a dough, then add chocolate chips. If it is to crumbly add a dash of milk.

 5. Separate the dough, place half to the side and with the other half make small balls and place on a baking sheet, pressing the cookies down to flatten them. Place in the oven for 10 minutes until golden and cooked.

If you want to cut out hearts then do this while the cookies are warm, otherwise they will crumble and fall apart. Now place them to the side until later.


 Cupcakes
Ingredients
225g Plain flour
120ml milk (I used soya milk but makes no difference)
120ml vegetable oil
2 eggs
2tsp baking powder
1tsp vanilla extract
170g casting sugar
Pinch of salt
Cookie dough


1. Leave the oven on at gas mark 4 (180C/350F). Make sure eggs are at room temperature.





 2. Sift together your flour, salt, sugar and baking powder.




3. Add your eggs, vanilla essence, milk and oil.
 4. It should be lovely and smooth. 

 5. Place a ball of cookie dough into each cupcake case, then place the cake batter on top, filling about 3/4 full. Don't worry if you can see the cookie dough as your cakes will rise. ( I made half a batch which is why there aren't 12) Bake for 25 minutes.

 6. Until lovely and golden brown! Remove and allow to cool.


Icing
Ingredients
170g Butter
210g icing sugar
60g Brown sugar
75g plain flour
milk as needed
1tsp vanilla essence
chocolate chips 
cookies
1. Mix together you butter and sugars until smooth, add vanilla flour and milk if needed until mixture is smooth.







2. Then pipe or spread onto your cupcakes, sprinkle with chocolate chips, place the cookies into the icing and serve! Now don't they look yummy, and I got to use my new cake stand. 

If you have any questions please ask, I'm always happy to help and will get back to you as soon as possible. Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment