When you invite someone over for a nice cup of tea it's always nice to have something sweet to offer them. One of my favourite tea time treats is Banana bread. It's sweet but not sweet enough to make your teeth hurt, and has a lovely moist texture. Place it in the centre of you table with a bread knife and let your guests help themselves.
Jam packed with walnuts and chocolate chips this banana cake will be gone within minutes, addictive and a delightful treat for any one having afternoon tea.
2 Large ripe bananas
1 egg beaten
1tsp vanilla extract
1tsp baking soda
100g chopped walnuts
200g plain flour
150g casting sugar
100g chocolate chips
4x7 loaf tin
- Preheat your oven to Gas mark 4 (350F/180C).
- Butter your tin and place baking paper in the bottom to stop sticking.
- Melt your butter and mash your bananas, then combine.
- Add your egg, vanilla extract and sugar and mix together.
- Add your flour and baking soda and mix together.
- Add your walnuts and chocolate chips and mix together.
- Add to your loaf tin, decorate with walnuts and chocolate chips if desired.
- Bake in the centre of your oven for an hour until cooked through.
- Remove and leave to cool in the tin for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the tin and serve.