20 August 2015

Oaty cookies (Hobnobs)


Whenever I go over my Grandparents house for a cup of tea I always go straight for the biscuit tin simply because I know they contain my favourite biscuit in the world, the trusty McVities Hobnob! They are so delicious that I knew I had to try and come up with a recipe that was just as good, and after days and days of soggy, rock hard and inedible biscuits I finally did it! These biscuits taste just the same, and are so simple to make, they can also be stored for up to a week in your trusty tin.



MAKES 12 
INGREDIENTS

150g caster sugar
150g self raising flour
120g rolled oats
150g unsalted butter
1tbsp milk
1tsp golden syrup
1tsp bicarbonate of soda

METHOD
  1. Preheat your oven to gas mark 3 (170C/325F). Cover a baking tray in baking paper to stop sticking.
  2. Mix together your butter and sugar until smooth.
  3. Add your golden syrup and milk and mix. 
  4. Add your oats, self raising flour and bicarbonate of soda. Mix together until it forms a dough, it will still be sticky. 
  5. Roll into 12 equal sized balls and place on the tray, ensuring that they are not to close to each other as they do spread.
  6. Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden, remove and allow to cool and harden. 
  7. Keep in an air tight container or eat.
ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment